This dresser is one of the first pieces I bought to refresh.
I found it on CraigsList and thought I had won the lottery. When I took out the 1st drawer to begin to load into my truck, it fell apart! The sweet girl selling it to me knocked off another $20 bucks from embarrassment. I re-glued the dovetails once I got it all home, those drawers work just fine now.
Elbow grease is my middle name.
It has sat in my studio patiently waiting since March.
My New Dresser Now
I used Behr Paint & Primer (which I LOVE) in Suede Grey.
Then added a light layer of black glaze over that.
Finished with Gloss Rub On Poly.
I adore this dresser.
I am just waiting for it to cure 100%. The nice guy at the Ben Moore store once told me it takes at least 2 weeks for a gloss finish to dry completely.
After a lot of experience of my own, I believe him :-)
happy trails y'all !
~ SOLD, to me ~